Wednesday, August 8, 2007

day 1

Well Iam finally here in very wet Hong Kong! 15 hrs from Chicago and I got the business class upgrade. Let me tell you it is worth every mile!! Good food, huge seats, lots of reading , and we arrived in the middle of a huge thunderstorm (typhoon may be here tomorrow!!) No kidding. Lightning was hitting all around us in the mountains as we came down. The highrises here are right at the base of the mountains and next to the water...really amazing. I had to wait an hour for my bags because they shut the airport down due to the weather!! I hope this thing misses us...try eventing in the typhoon. Makes the water jumps look easy.

I am 12 hrs ahead of EST so it is time to crash. I've got my credentials and will be off to the site tomorrow for rehearsals. We had lots of hospitality folks to greet us, get us on our way, and they are very accomodating. Hope to see the town tomorrow night. More from the China sea, maybe literally, tomorrow night (am for all you guys)

See ya,

Brian

No comments: